I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Tatum Bright – thank you!
– Thank the blogger who nominated you, including a link to their blog
– Answer the questions they gave you
– Nominate 10 new bloggers with less than 200 followers, including their links
– Let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blog
– Create 10 new questions for them to answer.
1. What heritage do you have?
Scottish, through and through!
2. What/who motivated you to start a blog?
Put simply, every blog I’ve ever read! At some point in the near future I’ll be posting about my favourite blogs, but the two that most inspired me to start my own were steffysprosandcons.com and foreveramber.co.uk
And since I started, every tiny little piece of reader engagement encourages me to keep going – I love seeing views, likes and comments. So thanks everyone 🙂
3. If you were told to choose one beauty item and nothing else for the day, which would you choose?
Eyeliner. I wear make-up maybe… 5-10 times a year. At the most. So having no beauty products at all would not be a big deal for me, in fact it would just be a normal day! But eyeliner is the one beauty product I would wear on its own.
4. If you could live in any city in the world, which would you choose?
San Francisco. It’s that place for me, that I always think of when I see that quote about being homesick for a place you’ve never been. I wouldn’t want to live in the US permanently, I think I definitely belong to Europe, but it’s a vague dream to spend maybe a couple of years in California.
5. Boots, heels or flats?
6. What is your most recent beauty/fashion discovery?
Um… highlighter I guess. As above I’m not into make-up, but it’s been the latest thing that I’ve learned about, and I’ve been kinda intrigued to see how contouring can affect people’s appearance so dramatically.
7. If you were at the most luxurious restaurant in the world, what dish would you order and what drink would you pair with it?
Now I went and Googled “most luxurious restaurants in the world” and was informed that Noma in Copenhagen is currently No.1, and serves “a dish of beef tartar and ants”. Eh, no thank you. But anyway, I would do what I normally do, and choose whatever takes my fancy at the time! And if I was eating somewhere ridiculously expensive then you can be damn sure I’ll take a prosecco with that 😉
8. What is your advice now for your 12 year old self? (in one brief line)
Chin up, and listen to your mother. And remember that the world is a whole lot bigger than just that tiny group of people you know right now.
But thankfully my family really did give me a lot of good advice growing up and I was a pretty good kid so it must have sunk in. Being a teenager is tough though, for everyone. I wish I could tell my 15/16-year-old self to man up and ask that boy out though ;D
9. Define happiness, in 5 words.
Friends, family, home, sunshine, experiences.
10. What beauty item makes you feel especially confident and ready to take on the world?
11. Red, nude or pink lipstick?
Ok, small disclaimer – I know for certain that some of these blogs have more than 200 followers, but I’m cheating and going by their Bloglovin’ total, mostly because it was the easiest total to find. Also, I know some of these have done several of these posts before so I won’t be offended if they don’t do another – but I wanted to draw them to your attention anyway 🙂
4. Hello Kaiju
8. Tom vs 250
10. Abagail Emily
My questions for you:
1. Where is your favourite place that you’ve visited so far?
2. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
3. Tell us a funny childhood story – either one you remember, or something you did that you’ve been told about secondhand.
4. If you won the lottery or otherwise came by enough money to happily live out the rest of your days without having to work, what would you do?
5. What was your first job?
6. Link us to your personal favourite of your own blog posts.
7. What are your biggest pet peeves?
8. Who would be invited to your fantasy dinner party?
9. Please recommend three good books you’ve read.
10. What is your favourite piece of jewellery?